Saturday, January 29, 2011

Toy Story, Bonnie Style

For the past few weeks I have been staging Bonnie's toys every morning before we leave for school and work. And every afternoon she goes into her room to see what her 'friends' were up to that day. It started with me hanging one of her toys from heroverhead light. Of course, being me, I couldn't leave it at that. On different days, Bonnie has come home to find her toys running races, coloring pictures, playing hide-and-seek, and anything else I can come up with and create with the items in her room, and a few stolen minutes while she's watching Phineas and Ferb.

Let's see if I can put pictures in here...
Here are her friends playing Train.

One day they built a see-saw. That's Piddlepots exploring the underside.

This was they day they ran a zip line from the wall to her bed. Bonnie loved this one.

These next two are from yesterday - cleaning Bonnie's room. Tank the dog was either putting clothes in the hamper, or taking them out. It's hard to tell with him sometimes.  If you look to the right you'll see Perry the Platypus putting away hangers in the closet.

And Flynn Ryder was climbing back on the shelf with his Rapunzel, with a little help from his friend, Bonnie Turtle.



I don't know if Bonnie knows I am behind all of this.  Her father thinks she does, but Bonnie lives in a pretty magical world right now.  She inherited my imagination, and she doesn't have siblings around to make fun of her for living in that world.  We just go with the flow here, and the only thing we don't allow is blaming her friends for making a mess.

1 comment:

 Hey - look at that.  It's been a month, and I've not updated.   The Hair On Fire never really goes out around here.  It's Girl ...