Saturday, March 6, 2010

@#$%!*&^#

I spent two and a half hours crafting a post. I re-wrote it twice, because it was basically a post saying that we have 1100+ employees, and managers are just going to have to step up and do their jobs if they want payroll to be perfect every time, and that's not the kind of stuff I really want to post without a careful review.

And this piece of cr@p laptop that I was given as a loaner after my last piece of cr@p laptop died just went and deleted it because between the gremlin "m"s, the so-sensitive-it-scrolls-if-you breathe-on-it touchpad, and the keys that don't work unless you press them twice, I somehow managed to select all the text but one letter and delete.

IT wonders why I don't like them. I wonder why this POC laptop was available for anything other than spare parts. I wonder why the "just until we can get a better loaner for you, oh wonderful person who makes sure we get paid" laptop is still in my possession 3 weeks later.

I wonder who is sending me text messages at 2:45 in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, I hate it when I blip something I spent a long time composing.

    As for those wee-hour text messages, Verizon has a reverse-lookup tool. Maybe you can run the sending number and find out who they are. If the sender is one of those junk sites that commonly suck you in on Facebook, try sending a text response to remove your number from their lists.

    ReplyDelete

 Hey - look at that.  It's been a month, and I've not updated.   The Hair On Fire never really goes out around here.  It's Girl ...